A digital camera is a device that stores pictures digitally instead of recording them on film. The pictures once taken by the camera can be downloaded or transferred to the computer system and after that manipulated with a graphics program to get printed. There are several brands of digital cameras used to capture beautiful and quality pictures that includes Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, Nikon and many more DSLR cameras are available. As compared to film photographs which come with infinite resolution, digital photos are limited because of the SD card used in the camera. As we know that SD card is commonly used in electronic devices that includes digital cameras, mobile phones, MP3 Players, tablets and other small portable devices. There are different types of SD card such as MiniSD, CompactFlash, xD-Picture Card, PCMCIA and others. SD cards is capable to store photos, videos and music. Basically SD cards are read by using a USB card reader or by connecting the device like digital camera to your computer.
There are several benefits of using a SD card, however it get some issues that make data corrupt and inaccessible. There may be several reasons due to which data stored in SD card get corrupt, lost or delete. If the data stored in SD card not handled properly, it may leave the user in permanent data loss. Some reasons that are responsible for the loss of photos from SD card includes power shortage, clicking pictures when camera’ s battery is low, injecting the SD card while viewing pictures and other. When you connect a corrupt SD card to computer you will get error message like card error, memory card error, memory card locked etc.
Note – Once you realize that photos in the SD card has been deleted, just stop taking more photos from the camera and remove the card from the camera immediately.
Being a digital camera user if you are looking for an effective photo recovery from corrupt SD card then go through the link provided in this page.
Consequences Of SD card Corruption
“SD card is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable” . This error get triggered when you try to view photos in the camera.
- After inserting SD card into the computer, the system will recognize the card but do not the show the contents like stored photo or video. Instead of that, it triggers a message – “SD card is not formatted do you want to format it now”.
- The photos stored in the SD card is missing.
- The camera will throw an error message saying, corrupt SD card or SD card error, when try to view photos or videos.
- “Read/Write error on SD card” while reading a SD card through a system. This error simply indicates that it cannot read from the device.
Try These First Aids To Fix Corrupt SD card
- Insert SD card into computer using card reader
- Click on ‘Start‘ and select ‘Computer‘
- Look for the SD card under ‘Device With Removable Storage‘
- Click on ‘Start’ button and in the Search box and type ‘cmd‘
- Right click on ‘cmd‘ and highlight the option ‘Run as administrator’.
- A command window will open, now type ‘chkdsk‘ followed by the drive letter parallel to the SD card followed by a colon and /f.
- Finally press ‘Enter‘.
The command chkdsk will check for the errors in order to fix the corrupt or damaged SD card. Follow the message and check your assigned drive letter corresponding to the SD card and make sure whether the files are recovered or not.